Frequently Asked Questions
- Q: Can we custom design our container home or cabin?
A: Any custom layout can be achieved with any model. We have a full time drafting firm which can get your ideas to paper for a firm quote.
- Q: Do I need council approval?
A: Each council has its own local requirements. We offer the full service of plans, certificates and council D.A applications.
- Q: Are the container homes cyclone rated?
A: We currently build our entire range to minimum C2 standards. Any category rating can be achieved and will be specified in the engineer’s drawings.
- Q: Do you import from China or overseas?
A: We are an Australian owned and operated company based in Lismore, NSW with all components supplied by Australian companies and manufacturers.
- Q: Do I need to have a concrete slab?
A: The Container floor structure is extremely strong and simple steel posts (footings) in the ground is all that’s required. This will save up to $40,000 on a large home.
- Q: How long does it take to get my container home?
A: In most cases we can fabricate your home within three weeks from order.
- Q: How much is transport?
A: A base estimate on transport is $2.50 per KM on truck. We also have a full rail licence. Transport from Brisbane to Sydney on rail $246.00 or Brisbane to Darwin $3,056.
- Q: What onsite work do I need to do to install my container home?
A: We have licensed builders located throughout Australia who can do the ground work and install of our container homes and cabins.
- Q: Are the containers insulated?
A: The benefit of building these units in Australia is that we can offer any level of energy rating and insulation specification. Australia is a huge country with many different climates, from snow to extreme heat. We have done extensive research on the best way to insulate and create a comfort level to satisfy any requirements.
- Q: Are the containers recycled?
A: You have the choice of recycled A grade or brand new containers.